Here we are with the much promised article on SEO! 😄
We're sure you've heard of SEO somewhere before, but like many, you probably don't know what it is.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of making a website as visible as possible to search engines such as Google and Bing. The goal is to help as many people as possible find your site, and you can help that happen with a few simple SEO practices that have been proven to have a measurable impact. To start, learn the basics of SEO and how to best optimize your site for search engines.
How SEO works
As the word says, SEO's best friends are search engines. They use an algorithm or set of rules to determine what pages to show for any given query. These algorithms have evolved to be extremely complex, and take into account hundreds or even thousands of different ranking factors to determine the rankings of their SERPs. Understanding and following the algorithms rules will make your page rank higher. This is what SEO is all about.
- Tons of visibility: With seo your site goes out of anonymity and is finally seen by people who use search engines every day;
- Long lasting results: The positioning results, once achieved and stabilized, last for a while;
- Profitable: Conversion rates tend to increase if a user is on organic results;
- Scalable: The optimization and positioning of a site can always expand to new keywords and increase new organic traffic
Actually improving a site's rank involves leveraging various SEO techniques to optimize the site for search:
- Keyword research: Keyword research is often the starting point for SEO and involves looking at what keywords a site is already ranking for, what keywords competitors rank for, and what other keywords potential customers are searching for;
- Content marketing: Once potential keywords are identified, content marketing comes into play. This can be updating existing content or creating brand new pieces of content. Because Google and other search engines place a premium on high-quality content, it's important to research what content is already out there and create a compelling piece of content that provides a positive user experience;
- Link building: Because links from external websites (called "backlinks" in SEO parlance) are one of the core ranking factors in Google and other major search engines, obtaining high-quality backlinks is one of the main levers that SEO has.
- On-page optimization: In addition to off-page factors such as links, improving the actual structure of the page can have tremendous benefits for SEO, and is a factor that is entirely in the control of the webmaster. Common on-page optimization techniques include optimizing the URL of the page to incorporate keywords, updating the title tag of the page to use relevant search terms, and using the alt attribute to describe images.
- Site architecture optimization External links are not the only thing that matters for SEO, internal links (the links within one's own website) play a large role in SEO as well. Thus a search engine optimizer can improve a site's SEO by making sure key pages are being linked to and that relevant anchor text is being used in those links to help improve a page's relevance for specific terms. Creating an XML sitemap can also be a good way for larger pages to help search engines discover and crawl all of the site's pages.
In summary, SEO is the process that enables your site to be found by search engines. At Flying Web Solutions, our team of SEO experts use a variety of strategies to make sure your website ranks at the top of search engine results. We make sure that your website is easy to navigate, relevant to your target audience and focused on what you do best. You don't have to do SEO, we can do it for you! Contact us and we'll figure out how to help you😉